Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Mysterious Case of the Slacker Mom and Monkey Girl

Apparently, I've been a slacker.  I haven't updated this in quite awhile...well, for me, anyway! 

We've been busy!  Since the last post, I had a birthday (where I got a VERY nice new wallet to match my new bag from Christmas from Z and Noah).  Last week, Zoe decided she didn't want to nap much at day care, only managing to get 1 nap in and wanting to play with the kids instead! 

Zoe has been trying new foods, and definitely telling us her first impressions!  Today, for example, I was cutting up vegetables for chili, and Zoe was eating her dinner.  I gave her a piece of celery.  She was definitely intrigued.  So, I gave her a stalk of celery..she started eating it like an ear of corn!  Then, when she was done with that, I tried a piece of bell pepper.  She put her tongue on it, made a really funny face, and threw it on the floor.   I don't think she was as impressed with the pepper!!  :)

Zoe is becoming quite the monkey!  She has discovered that the bottom step, just before the gate on the stairs, is a great place to play.  It's really really fun to drop things in the space between the TV cabinet and the wall and then get really upset so we have to go and fish them out.  She's also learned how to climb up that step, stand there holding onto the gate, and then stepping down (without causing me to have a heart attack in the process!).  Not only that, but she is trying to figure out how to climb over the box we have set up to hold her books downstairs.  Zoe loves to climb on Noah and me, and says "up" when she does that.  Does that mean she knows what that means?  We're not sure....because she says "up" almost all the time!  :) 

Oh, I nearly forgot!  While I cook, often, Zoe will open up the bottom drawer near the stove and pull out the table cloths...She pulls them ALL out and then will often just wave them around the floor (Who knew that William Sonoma sold baby toys!?).  Well, yesterday, while I was cooking dinner, Zoe did this.  But, she added a little twist.  She decided that THAT would be a great place to sit....IN the drawer.  Now I wish I had been able to get a picture of that!

No comments: