Thursday, January 29, 2009

Instead of 1 day off this week...

Zoe wants me to have 2! 

When I picked up Zoe from daycare today, she was a little fussy, had pink cheeks, and felt a little warm.  When we got home, she was screaming, pretty much, and was NOT our happy Z...She was burning up.  I took her temp, it was 102, gave her motrin, and then just swayed with her.  It took awhile, but she calmed down and actually fell asleep on me.  She hasn't done that since she was a newborn!!  I put Z in her crib and she slept for an hour, woke up cranky, downed a 6oz bottle, showed little interest in the cheerios I gave her, and tried to put on a happy face for her Daddy. 

That didn't last very long, unfortunately.  When we brought her back up to bed about an hour after she had been up, Noah took her temp again (this was about 2+ hours after the medication), it was 102.5...She's been sleeping, but not all that well.  If she still has that temp tomorrow, it's off to the drs we go! 

No comments: