Thursday, April 22, 2010

Virginia Living Museum

Today, we headed here to see lots and lots of animals. Zoe LOVED it. I got a LOT of pictures--mostly of the animals, honestly. I'll post them tomorrow...

We think Zoe loved the vultures the most...she nearly jumped out of her seat when she saw them. She really liked looking for birdies in the mud (just normal birds, possibly blackbirds, looking for bugs in the water or mud as we walked from exhibit to exhibit), loved looking for turtles and duckies in the water, loved watching the otters, looking at fish, and checking out the wolves. She even wished them happy birthday, since today was the wolves' 3rd birthday!

*I* really enjoyed the exhibit they had on Charley Harper because his work is in one of Zoe's counting books. I enjoyed learning more about this artist who used screen printing to create his images, used humor and had an ecological message in a lot of his work. Very interesting stuff, but I'm sorry to say I can't afford his work!

As I said, pictures will come tomorrow...after our visit to Busch Gardens!

No comments: