Monday, November 2, 2009

Lil Miss Smarty-pants...

strikes again.

We knew they'd been working on letters at daycare...what we didn't know is that Zoe's been taking it in (big surprise, we should expect that by now). Laura told me that Zoe spends more time identifying the pictures on the cards, so maybe that's what threw me off.

Anyway, Zoe was taking a bath and playing with these foam letters/numbers she has. She was telling me a bunch of them, totally throwing me for a loop then. So, I pulled out some ABC flashcards we were given, and Noah and I watched as she was able to identify about 2/3 of the letters without any kind of prompting. And, the ones she got wrong, she would use a letter the real one *looked* like, such as saying "Y" for "X".

She knows A, B, D, F, H, L, M, N, O, R, S, T, U, V, W, Y.

WOW!!

No comments: