Monday, May 11, 2009

Long post ahead!!

I know, I know...it's been a LONG time. I apologize. I have been working on portfolios at school and they just sucked the life out of me, and any time I had as well. But, those have been sent to the state, and I'm yours, I mean, I'm Zoe's, once again. :)

Zoe has been up to SO much in the last few weeks. Newish words? Sit, row (as in Row Row Row Your Boat), bear, puppy, and some more I can't think of right now. :) Oh, and I think "Mawwww" means milk. Not sure yet.

New skills?? She sings "Row Row Row Your Boat"...I'll have to get it on video. She'll yell "Row row row" and gets VERY excited and dances when you sing the real song. She comes to the high chair when you tell her it's time to eat, and waits (not always so patiently), and will go to the high chair when she's hungry. She gets fanatically hysterical over Wheel of Fortune (again, something I need to get on video for the boyfriends later!). Zoe hugs Noah and me almost whenever we ask her to...and when we don't ask her to. She loves to hug her stuffed animals, too.

She knows where her nose is, as well as her nostrils (yeah, you got that right)...can you guess where her finger goes when we ask her "Zoe, where's your nose?" Eww! :) She does know where my nose is, too!

Zoe lifts up her shirt when we ask her where her belly is. If she's not wearing a shirt, she'll just slap her belly. Very cute, but where does it go from here? Can you imagine?? hehe

What else? Zoe has officially dropped to ONE nap a day, and has for awhile now. She walks backwards, and finds it great fun. She enjoys using her walker more now than when she was learning to walk! She's really starting to like the pink horsie her Gramma and Grampa C got her awhile back.

Other favorite toys? Her lambie that she sleeps with, as well as her small pink teddy bear. She loves LOVES LOVES her turkey that Uncle Nick got her, as well as her teddy bear as big as her. Zoe's really starting to play with all the parts of her busy box, plays on her chair, and LOVES to read her books. She has found a particular favorite lately...her Elmo valentine's book. She knows where the baby is in the book and loves to read that page and hug it. Very cute! She loves her touch and feel books, and can tell us the kitties and puppies (and calls other animals kitties, too :) )

Zoe's new favorite place to play is in the chair in front of our bay window. If there are kids playing outside, or animals there, she likes to watch. She also likes to pull things out of the toy bin next to the chair, turn the light on and off by the pulley, and cuddle with us. :)

Zoe has started to run, and LOVES to play the "I'm gonna get you" game.

Foods? Zoe is able to eat ANYthing at this point. We're giving a trial of eggs, but she won't touch them!! I just have to keep trying. She's growing and getting big, and is currently in 12-18 month clothes...however, depending on the brand, she may have some things in 3-6, 6-9, or 6-12. Crazy sizes!!

Recent visits: Zoe had a *2* night overnight with Grandma B and Unka G so that Noah and I could have some fun at Mohegan. She's had a couple of visits with Auntie Darcy, Uncle Jeff, Auntie Jill, Uncle Jason, and Cousin Jacob. She's visited with Gramma and Grampa C and even visited her Gramma at her school! She was such a ham there, and even had the assistant principal on the floor on her hands and knees at one point :)

I think that's all, folks!! We'll have more pictures and more frequent updates. Promise! :)

1 comment:

dianeburt said...

you forgot to mention how good she was when she stayed with me and Unka G ....and that's shes an angel!