Saturday, May 23, 2009

Last Week's Happenings

Last week had lots of things going on...

Zoe had a GI appointment on Monday, and she got CLEARED! We have not been successful with getting her to try egg, but if we do, we have to just watch her and if something SHOULD happen, give the dr a call...otherwise, we're FREEEEEE!!!

Oh yeah, stats :)...22lbs 12.2oz, 30 3/8 inches long.

Tuesday, we had a pediatrician's appointment for her 15 month appointment. This thing was just not right from the start. First of all, they were doing construction and remodeling part of the waiting room...So, the "sick" waiting room was moved to the "well" waiting room, the "well" waiting room was moved to where the adolescents wait....IN THE HALLWAY. If that weren't bad enough, we waited there for an HOUR. It was Zoe and me, and all kinds of other parents and kids (most of who were a lot older than Zoe, and much more patient than Z), in the hallway. Because it was a hallway, there were people coming and going at all times. I couldn't just put her down because she'd walk all over the place. If I held her, she screamed, cried (I don't blame her, I wanted to do it too). I didn't wear a watch, and due to HOLDING her, I couldn't check the time on my cell phone...I had NO idea how long we were waiting until we got into the exam room. Had I known how long it was, I would have asked to reschedule. WHO makes a 15 month old wait an HOUR for an appointment??

I tried distracting her with toys, food, you name it. She just threw it on the floor. She was just not happy, and neither was I. You may be asking yourself "Why didn't she get the first appointment of the day?"...Impossible when the first appointment is at 8am, and I have to be at work at 7am. Remember that teachers can't just *go in late* or *leave early* on a whim. However, this will be the last of these regularly scheduled appointments that get done NOT on a day off for me.

I digress....after all that, she was NOT happy. She was tolerant of getting weighed, didn't like being on the table getting her length checked, and HATED having her head measured. She HATED being examined by the dr, wanted NOTHING to do with him, would have rather have left there in just her diaper when it was time to go...and then there were the shots. Thankfully the nurse was nice enough to let her be sitting up (as long as I held her arms though). I got her dressed as quickly as I could and was in the car at 5pm to leave (when the appointment started at 3:30). Ah well...fortunately this is NOT a normal thing at the drs office. How frustrating, all the same!

Oh yes, and I bet you want to know how she measured up THERE, as well?!? 22lbs 10oz, 31inches long, and 47cm around her head. Exact %iles are: between 25th-50th in weight, 50th-75th in height, and between the 75th-90th for her head circumference. The pediatrician was quite pleased with her numbers. :)

Tuesday, Zoe started up with a stuffy, runny nose, and by Wednesday it was a full blown mess. Of course, Thursday, I started feeling it, and by Thursday afternoon, knew I wouldn't be going to work. Friday, Noah started feeling it, and probably should have stayed home with me, but he was a trooper and went in. We're all surviving. Zoe's down to a crusty nose (lovely image, huh?), we have stuffed up noses and lovely coughs. Hopefully by Monday, we'll be feeling better and be able to salvage this long weekend!!

In GOOD news, Zoe has been doing great new things. She either says "here go" or "thank you" when she hands something to you. When you hand something to her, she usually says "thank you". She's learning new words every day, and even learned to say "boo" (we were watching the Yankees on tv earlier and they had a come from behind win, again). She's nodding her head "yes" when she is agreeing to something (although, we're not sure if she always knows what she's agreeing to just yet!!!). She now says "Hi kitty" when she sees Peanut and wants Peanut to respond. Zoe is getting MUCH better at using "hi" and "bye" appropriately. She says "go" when she wants Peanut to go away (um, not often, but *I* have tried to encourage it when Peanut decides to get territorial).

I'll have pictures to post soon!!

No comments: