Monday, July 6, 2009

Holy cow it's been awhile...

Before I go into my post, I'd like to let you know that Stellan's health has improved, and he's stable, and at home, for the time being! :)

Sorry to have been such a slacker. It was REALLY busy for the last two weeks of school for me, and then we took off for a trip to Martha's Vineyard right after....at Great-grama's cottage without internet access. I could have posted to the blog on my phone, but that's a major pain, so voila!

Of course, the camera battery is dead, so I'll have to upload pics later...I know, slacker mom at it again! ;)

Well, back to the task at hand.

The last two weeks, I was up to my eyeballs in paperwork and then had to suddenly move classrooms, so I was too busy to really post much. But, in that time, we had Father's Day. The biggest thing to note is that Zoe picked THAT DAY to yell out for Grampa C saying "grampa, grampa" while running into the kitchen at their house. Needless to say, he was tickled pink.

In that time, we ALL know the average weather forecast during that time...RAIN. So, Zoe and I did a lot of indoor things after school. Those involved lots of running around the kitchen table, LOTS of reading, playing with her puppies (stuffed animals, so don't be thinking we got any real ones recently!), playing with her min-mow (minnie mouse), singing A-C-C (ABC Song) and "row row row" (row row row your boat), and watching the beeeees (birdies). Oh, and she was learning about a new word a day. I don't think I can keep up with all of the words she's learning!!

On MY last day of school (on June 29th, VERY late, I know), Noah brought Zoe to school. She thought she was hot stuff roaming the halls of the middle school and trying to keep up with the other kids of teachers I work with. She hung out in the library, climbed the stairs, hung out near the guidance office, and just showed off how she can "high five" everyone. She would go up to people and just put up her hand and say "high fi" to teachers. Of course they thought she was the cutest thing going! :)

We made our way to MV for the rest of the week (Tues-Sun) and Zoe had a BLAST. The rain didn't seem to bother her and she wanted to spend as MUCH time as possible out on the porch. Gramma and Grampa C also made the trip, and she had a ball spending SO much time with her grandparents and showing them the MV ropes. Grandma B bought her a new water table, and while strutting her stuff in one of her new JCrew bikinis, Zoe showed us just how to play with the table, as well as cleaning off the porch!! Zoe has gone from learning a word a day to new words and stringing words into 2-3 word sentences.

Let's see...words/phrases/sentences?
--outside
--inside
--I poopy (and she usually was)
--I sit up (meaning she wanted to sit down in a particular spot)
--fruit
--water
--flower
--a boat
--big boat (said of a rather large boat outside of Nancy's)
--baby puppy (Noah said she said that in reference to a dog that looked like a Yorkie)
--I get it (in reference to the macaroni and cheese she dropped)
--me got (in reference to picking up said mac and cheese)
--Why?
--But why? (isn't she too young for this??)
--book
--peeeeeaaaasseee? (please, but we DO have to prompt her)
--thank you (unprompted)

In addition to this, she squealed and shouted and screeched to every puppy and baby that she passed. It was hysterical. I think she thought she was the welcoming committee for the campground!! She also liked to say "hi" when people walked by and say "bye bye" while waving to the cars and trucks walking by.

On the 4th of July, Zoe got to participate in the campground's Kid's Parade. Her stroller was decked out, and she rolled next to her Cousin, Lil T. What fun! She also got to experience her first lollipop. When she finally realized how GOOD those things were, you couldn't get it out of her hand!! She LOVED it. (for anyone who cares, it was a sour apple Dum Dum pop). What else?

Ohhh...She was so worn out by the end of the trip that when we were walking from Nancy's to the ferry to leave (all of a 5 minute walk), Zoe had fallen asleep and remained that way for an HOUR. SHe's never fallen asleep in that stroller before...it was crazy. She even sat up at one point and fell forward...still asleep!! She slept for an HOUR, woke up cranky, and then slept another 2 1/2 hours in the car on the way home. Sign of a good vacation, huh??

I'm sure I'm missing something...please feel free to fill in on the comments. I'll add pictures when I can upload from the camera!

Oh, and Zoe has figured out how to say Mommy in the way that can only make your heart turn to mush and then say it in a way that just breaks your heart (when she says it crying and upset)....

Way to tug at my emotions, kid! ;)

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

It was great seeing you Cousin Zoe! Thanks for being in the parade with me. Can't wait until August:)
Love,
Lil' T