Thursday, June 11, 2009

Vocab and Other Stuff...

truck
duckie
boo (as in peek-a-boo)
tickle tickle
buh-bie (birdie)
cookie
cracker
cheeeeeeese (said just like that, too!)
fruit
nigh-nigh
here you go
thank you

I'm sure there are more. :) We have one smart cookie!!

Zoe has a new favorite book, Baby Einstein's "Mirror Me". It's a board book with a character from BE on one side, and the same image, but with a mirror for the face, on the opposite page. Zoe LOVES this book....we must read it to her about a dozen times a day, no joke. When we get to the page with the frog, it says, "Look at Frog stick out his long, pink tongue." and Zoe will stick it out and immediately look at me to see if I'm doing it. She has gotten so good, she'll look at me before I even read! Then we turn the page to the cow, "Baby MacDonald puffs her cheeks full of air," and Zoe looks at me with her eyes half shut as I puff my cheeks and blow in her face. Today, she started making puffing sounds too. hehe, too cute. We're working on peek-a-boo with baby Violet (who's a mouse). She'll now say "boo" when we get to that page.

Zoe's other favorite book is another Baby Einstein book, "Mimi's Toes" which is actually a bathtub book. IT's about Mimi (a monkey, of course) who gets a bath from her momma and then gets tucked in at night. WE have to paraphrase because Zoe flips the pages too darn fast, but she still likes it. :) Anyway, I'll get to the part where Momma tickles her toes, and I will tickle the page. It only took 2 days and 240284029348208 readings of the book for Zoe to do it too...and she says "tickle tickle". She knows where HER toes are, because she bent down and tried to tickle her OWN feet today. She thought it was funny to tickle her Daddy's toes too, tonight.

AND, in other news, Zoe has finally figured out the zig-zag part of the busy box. WOOHOO! It's been the bane of Noah and my's existence lately. She loves to watch the wooden pieces fall down, but couldn't figure out how to put them back up. Today, she DID IT many many times!!! You have no idea how much better this is. She would get downright pissed off if we didn't move it fast enough for her. NOW, she can do it herself! YAY!

1 comment:

djismith family said...

Bella loves the mirror me book too! At the end she kisses herself. what a silly girl!!!

BTW Zoe has quite the vocab going! keep up the good work!