Thursday, July 31, 2008

Update from the Drs

We went to the pediatric GI dr today in Boston to see what was going on with Z's slowed weight gain and slightly elevated liver enzymes. He did a full evaluation, interviewed us about our health background, including allergies, GI issues in the family, etc. This dr has come to the conclusion that Z may have an allergy dairy and soy products. This means for ME no dairy and soy products or anything that contains those products until we figure out what is causing this in our beautiful Z...

So bear with me--no chocolate, no cheese, most breads are out, deli meat, bagels and cream cheese in the morning, milk/cream/non-dairy creamer in my coffee in the morning (I'm giving a shot at rice milk)....there are lots more, but I have to just read labels. It also means going out to eat is going to be more difficult. The dr basically told me "if you can't read the label, don't eat it".

This is all for Z...she's worth the little sacrifice now to be healthy later. :) In time, if this is what it is, she should outgrow it and be just as happy and healthy as we know she is right now!

***editted 8/10/08*** I just realized I didn't put the best news in from this visit! Z had gained 12 oz from the previous week at the pediatricians!!

No comments: