Friday, November 12, 2010

Roles...and other stuff...

Zoe has discovered that we play roles. Our *names* are Mommy, Daddy, and Zoe. However, she tells us, OFTEN, "Mommy, you're a mudder." "Daddy, you're a farter." I get a chuckle out of that one. Unfortunately, she's now started saying 'father'. She does look at me like I'm a nut-job when I say, "Zoe, you're a daughter."

Zoe favorites:
  • "Canky Doodle Dandy"
  • "One Two, Buckle My Shoe"
  • dancing
  • saying "boo" to just about anyone near her
  • reading
  • being a princess (wearing her tutu and holding her magic wand--she has 3 or 4)
  • chasing Peanut
  • helping me cook
  • her Bunny, Lambie, and Blankie
  • chocolate chip cookies (think chips ahoy, not ooey gooey homemade ones)
  • "yo-gret"
  • baths
  • TALKING
There are more, and I'm sure we'll say more over time....

In potty news--Zoe managed to stay dry every day for 12 days IN A ROW. We had had issues with about an accident a day...we made sticker charts for her, and when she earned 5 stickers for staying dry ALL day, she would get a toy. After a couple of days, Zoe quickly responded. We did 2 rounds of 5 stickers each. The next time, we upped it to 7 days, and now, she's currently working on a chart to get 10 stickers! Go Zoe!!

No comments: