Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Growing like a Weed...

Yes, Z continues to grow like a weed. For Christmas, we got Zoe lots of 12 month (and beyond) clothes...most of what she got for her birthday was 18 month clothes. I thought, regarding the 12 month clothes, "wow, this will be good for her in april"....Um, they fit her NOW. While I know she's 12 months old now...you have to remember, her first 6 months, she was in 0-3month clothes!

I was telling Grammie and Grampie C that this week, especially, Noah and I have noticed that she's just GROWN. Not just comparing from when she was a newborn, but just in this week!! It's incredible. I am not sure WHAT the change is, but I look at her toddling around, and she's not a little little baby any more. Is it that she's walking? That she's a year old? That I know she's starting to bust out of some of her clothes again and needs a new size? That she's talking and picking up language? That she's pointing to everything and demonstrating that she wants to learn? That she is repeating everything we say in her own way (she's quite the mimic!)? That she responds to some requests?? I don't know. I just know that my little baby is growing up SO fast.

An example of this happened today. I saw Z was playing with the dog she is sometimes skittish with...petting it and poking it in the mouth. So, I ID the tongue and mouth that she was looking at. Then, I said something like, "Zoe, doggies bark. A doggy says, 'woof'. What's a doggy say?" I had to repeat it a couple of times, and then she started saying, 'oof' when I asked. we repeated the "woof" "oof" a couple of times, and then Noah came home. After a few minutes of him holding her, I wanted to show him. She did it again! Even if she doesn't understand what all of that is, I'm still very proud!! If I can get her to repeat it, I'll try to get it on video!

Speaking of video...I took some cute video of her walking even better, trying to sneak around the kitchen table, and getting ready for baseball. I'll have to post it tomorrow (it's a little late now!). I tried to get video of Zoe enjoying her new horsie, but as soon as I pulled out the camera, she started crying (she was really tired at this point!). Ah well, another day!

No comments: