Friday, June 6, 2008

What a Week!

There are a lot of new pictures to share, and lots of news to share. First the pictures!

Chillin' on a hot day, just before....


a full blown tantrum. This is what happens when Z's schedule is messed up, she doesn't get her regular naps, AND gets to bed late. We don't mess with bedtime now if we can help it.

This is a much calmer Z, chillin' in her Thing 1 onesie. I love that thing! The butt reads "Dr Seuss".


Waiting for Mommy and Daddy to finish getting ready to go out to see Auntie and Uncle J's new condo and their new dog. Poor Z was just not feeling well with those teeth coming in.

Earlier that day before we left....or was it later that day. That momnesia is kicking in!

Hanging with Mommy. Z's showing how well she can sit up! Can you see how she's trying to lean forward even more?? My big girl is growing up!


And just before going to K and E's house for a Memorial Day barbeque. What's so funny about the outfit is that the dress fits perfect. The panties underneath to cover up her diapers are SOOO big on her they were falling off most of the day!
So there's a brief update as to some of the things Z has been doing. This past week, I've noticed Z lengthening her naps...she even got a 2 1/2 hour nap in one day! What has happened to this child of mine??? She usually is a 45 minute napper...that's it. I'm thrilled with the longer naps. It allows me to get more things done around the house (including catching the blog up!).
Also, this week has been a little difficult for the family. We got a phone call from my mother that my grandmother, Z's great-grandmother, who I talked about in a previous post, had died that morning. She had been very sick, slowly just giving up on her life with Parkinson's. She had suffered dementia with this terrible disease, and she was not able to recognize anyone for a long time. While we're all sad that she's is gone, we know that she's in a better place. It made Noah and I even happier to give Zoe her name as Z's middle name. Especially after telling my grandmother's brothers and other family and friends about Zoe...I think that those who figured it out were very touched.
At the wake, we left Z with her Grandma B, who was more than thrilled to help us out. Sounds like they had a great time together! Thursday, Z came with us to the funeral, and we were VERY proud of our young lady and how well she behaved in the church and at the cemetery. I think she understood how important it was to be so good, and she did the best she could! It was better than we ever expected from a 3 1/2 month old. Everyone was impressed with our little Z, and she even got a pinch on the cheek from the priest who did the ceremony! My grandmother would have been proud. Zoe was a hit with all of the little old men and ladies!
My grandma loved to wear an angel pin every day, and we made sure she had one then. I truly believe that she will become an angel for our Z, helping her as she gets older. I also know that we are going to make sure she knows how special my grandmother was. Someday, when I'm feeling a little better about things, I'll have to write more about her, our life with her, and how much she meant to a lot of people. While the turnout for the funeral was small, I do think she brought a lot of joy to the people who were there. It was evident how loved my grandmother was, and it was very touching to see that. We'll miss her.

2 comments:

dianeburt said...

who is that big girl... what a beauty!

Chelsea said...

Hi Amy,
I am sorry for your loss. It sounds like your grandmother was a very special person. Sending you lots of hugs.
Love,
Chelsea & Family